Any writer knows that it not easy to start the first paragraph of a new project. I have been thinking about starting this blog for the last 6 months. Since I am currently laid up with an injury, I figured it was as good a time as any to stop thinking and start blogging!
I have been passionate about design for as long as I can remember. Most designers tell the story of how they grew up knowing that they were meant to have a career in design. I was no different! In third grade my art class was given an assignment to create a shadow box of a room. I created the ultimate bedroom for a tween girl! That was the spark that got me started. I constantly rearranged the furniture throughout my parents home. (I just wanted to create a better flow). In high school, I painted and stenciled almost every room in our house. (Stencils and borders were really big back then!) After I moved from my parents home, I have moved into six different dwellings and with each move, I've enjoyed the opportunity to refresh my surroundings.
| Early spring, 2011. We replaced our old wood siding with new vinyl siding. It really updated our exterior! |
Throughout the seven years that we have been in our home we have made many changes. But this year we have taken on the biggest yet, the kitchen. On top of that, we are doing it on a very limited budget! I'll admit, I am pretty good at painting and diy projects and I enjoy finding inspiration in all different media. My husband is my carpenter, tile guy and all-around handy man. Being parents, we don't have a lot of time on our hands, so we do the best we can!
Thanks for visiting!!
| Beautiful pics of our bay and beach. |
No comments:
Post a Comment